Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Is it Friday yet?

Ok, last weekend was kind of a bust, and it continued on threw this week, is it ever going to end? I had two new patterns I was excited to try, One was a really cute tank top that ties at the shoulder and has a cute ruffle. As I made and completed this task, my excitement grew. I fi8nished it up and put it on Makenna (it was a 6) and it just didn't work. i think I need some adjustments to the pattern. The chest and back were too long and ran under pits. It poofed out so much a the bottom , she looked about 10 months pregnant:(

The other pattern is for a dress I already have a pattern for(of course I made my own adjustments) but in smaller sizes:) So as I finish up this size 18m dress I'm looking at it and thinking" are you for real?" it was about the length of a 4T, no lie!! My nephew who is 16m and wears a 2T, wasn't as tall as this dress! Patterns really make me mad. On top of it, they left exposed seams and did things the hard way (for no apparent reason). Crazy.Brand new wasted fabric!! I knew I should have just used the bigger pattern and cut it down myself, but , No....I thought it would be easier...............

Then the week began and I htought, I'm gonna tackle this pattern that has been haunting me since I first started sewing, I can't get it to come out right. It has the circular neck on it...anyway, again I tried and again, I failed (or I follow directions and I can't believe they would leave it like they say too, it would rub against little ones skinb and chaff(sp?) anyway, more wasted fabric..... though I was able to convert the dress into a cute pleasted skirt and list it, so if I sell it I won't be $$ short :)

I did get several things accomplished but then today I decided to get my hair highlighted and paid double what I planned too and it doesn't even look that spectacular:( So I'm hoping now that it is Wednesday, and I'm over the "hump" the week will finish out on a good note......

I hope everyone has had a better week, sorry my post was so gloomy, but .....
THAT'S LIFE:)

No comments:

Post a Comment