Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sew Frivolous Boutique

I have been super crazy busy this past week!! I have had lots of etsy sales:) Good, gotta pay for that fabric:) Had a girls night out Wednesday for my cousins bday! My kids have been busy!! Yada yada yada....

Sunday night I got a text from a friend of mine, (who makes jewelry, and business cards she ahs two etsy shops now(I introduced her to etsy:))asking if I still made childrens clothing? Of course, and she starts telling me about a new oppurtunity in Batesville (15 miles away)! It is a large 4 story warehouse (sp?) and you pay for your booth and keep all your profit. It is open Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. I hate to have to work all weekend, but that is when people shop, so sacrifice right? It is only $25.00 a week (for an 8x8) if you buy it monthly!! No lengthy contract you can purchase weekly or monthly.

So I check it out online www.romwebermarketplace.com and I emailed them for information. They contacted me yesterday and I went and picked out my booth. I am on the main floor right next to my friend (they actually were nice enough to ask the people next to her to move and they did, they are so nice). Everyone is on the main floor right now. Tehy have been open about 3 months and only have 2 more spots to fill on the main floor before they start moving to the second. I'm so excited. I start moving stuff in tomorrow and open Friday!! So fast!! I liek fast though!! No other sellers there sell childrens clothing!!

My booth is rather dark and it has a poll thru the side, It has three peg board walls (that I can't paint). So i went on a shopping spree yesterday. I'm thinking to do it in Black and white and Green. Like my business card. I bought white and green sheers and light weight rods and hooks. So one wall will be covered in those. I can put those hanger hooks in between the panels. I'm going to cover a table (foldable card table for now, eventually I'd like to have a 2 foot tall by 5 foot long table for display and still be able to use the wall:) in black fabric and I bought two wicker baskets for my eco bags and coffee wraps. I will be using my manniquins on th etable. I also bought a small metal rack shelf (like for a kitchen cubbard) and will try to fill it with pj sets. The booth has hardwood floors and I almost bought a green (shag) rug to help make it cozy, but backed out it was only $25. though. and I keep thinking about it so I may go back and get it.

I go in tomorrow to start setting up (I have very little inventory as of yet, but I will in time:) ) I will take befoe and after pics for you all, and would love any advice you got for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment