Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Classic with a twist!

Hello everyone! I hope I am finding everyone well! I'm trying to fight darn allergies, its acting more like spring here in Indiana than summer. I'm sick of the rain, my girls need to get utside!!





I am getting the chance to use some creativity, and I have a couple things in the works. I love this new dress I made yesterday!! I'm temptedt o try to dsqueeze the twins into a size four so they can where some:)
I may be showing my age here, but I love, no correction LOVE pinstripes. (is that one word or two?) I think it is classic and looks adorable on all! Men, women, boys, girls, you name it and it can be cute.
So first I started with the classic black and white pinstripe and matched it with the classic aline style dress. Results: Wow, as you can see. Can't you just picture it with "Prince" style ruffles underneath it this winter with some tights? Lil' Mary jane shoes....ahhhh. I need a lil one. (jk, my sanity is more important) Anyway, then I thought, how can I make it pop? Bright pink art and bright pink buttons of course!! Tada, theecond dress (I used the grey and white on this one, I also have brown and white) My oldest picked the butterfly, but I'd like to try the some other stencils also. One step at a time.
Etsy is very slow right now so I'm also working on opening another Sew Frivolous. This one will be on Artfire. It's worth trying, I need some sales:)
Who knows maybe one day I will have my own site. SCARY! Computers scare me. I can barely get around.....I'm showing my age again arn't I?





1 comment:

  1. I love this! I am already thinking about fall clothes. Actually the fabrics in your last post are very fall to me. I'm anxiously awaiting what you're coming up with in the next few months. And let me know if you get any new fall-ish patterns :D

    ReplyDelete