Friday, October 2, 2009

New attempt














Ok, this was my first attempt at the business style. This was not an easy attempt. Things were not as easy as I thought they would be, but I managed to struggle through and here are my discoveries.








I love the pants!! They are absolutely adorable! The only thing I would change on them is to use a wider elastic at the waist, because something just seems off there.








The vest, well. Not what I expected, but let me explain. After looking at the picture on the pattern I decided it was to short for the look I was going for. So I extended the length of the pattern to a size 8. That should be plenty long right? Well you see the final picture. It's still almost too short. In my opinion.



Second problem with the vest, the original pattern featured ribbons that tied in to a bow at the top of the vest to hold it together. It looked ok in the drawing on the pattern, but once made it was hideous and huge!! Yes, I followed the directions. It is the correct size!






Once I pinned the ribbons back, I'm ok with the look. I'm still going to have to tweak it some, but the overall concept is what I was looking for. I think I will attempt to find a pattern that features a button down vest. I have one but it only fits up to a size 2t:(






If you look really close you can tell that it has white pinstripes. It looks adorable in person.





2 comments:

  1. The pants are super cute! I agree with the vest being okay, actually more than okay...it's quite cute itself, but something is still a little off I think. This whole look is quite nifty! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I prefer the ribbons tied back too. ;)

    ReplyDelete